We are all counting down the days to Christmas, and now is the perfect time for Holiday sewing projects. If you are looking for cute and easy DIY Christmas gifts to sew for kids, we hope you will like this collection of 30+ free patterns and tutorials.
For me, the kids are at the top of my priority list, and I always enjoy making cute little things for them.
I found some great free patterns and tutorials for kids homemade Christmas gifts you can sew – from cozy pajamas for Christmas morning and cute stuffed animals to fancy dresses and pretty headbands – and I am thrilled to share them with you!
Most of these clever and creative ideas are easy Christmas sewing projects for beginners, and every one of them is free and includes step-by-step instructions and photos.
So, check out this list of more than 30 DIY Christmas gift ideas for kids – I hope you’ll enjoy it and find inspiration for your Christmas sewing projects!
30+ easy DIY Christmas gifts to sew for kids – free patterns and tutorials
1. Girl & boy fabric dolls from Make it & Love it
2. Free Christmas plush sewing patterns from Fluffmonger
3. DIY Loch Ness monster tutorial from We lived happily ever after
4. Hula hoop tent tutorial from A Beautiful Mess
5. Kid’s Sleeping Bag Pattern & Tutorial from Crazy Little Projects
6. Kids Bean Bag Chair from Project Nursery
7. Zip-It-Up pencil pouch from Craft Passion
8. Ruffled scrunchie tutorial from I Can Sew This
9. Simple Headband from Choly Knight
10. Audrey Cape tutorial from Simple Simon and Co
11. DIY Cotton Headband Tutorial from Anjurisa
12. Free princess tulle dress pattern and tutorial from I Can Sew This
13. Cat backpack – free pattern from Sew Much Ado
14. Free fingerless gloves pattern from Fleece Fun
15. Fingerless fleece monster gloves tutorial from Tally’s Treasury
16. DIY leg warmers tutorial from Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom
17. How to make a leotard for little dancers from Treasurie
For more tips on sewing with spandex and another leotard tutorial, visit the Made Everyday blog.