Find a list of 30 cool and easy things to sew for kids. This collection includes stuffed animals, accessories, bags, and more! In addition, you’ll also discover funny costumes, creative pillows, as well as super easy DIY clothes.
All of these are easy beginners sewing projects, for both boys and girls.
And you can accomplish any of them no matter your skill level!
I love sewing for my kids!
Actually, I’m always in search of inspiration to sew wonderful little items for them.
However, having three kids means that time is my most valuable resource.
As a result, I tend to favor simple projects that can be finished quickly.
Here you will find a collection of 30 fun and creative ideas of things you can easily make for kids.
It’s safe to say any mom can appreciate these 30 simple and fresh sewing projects, with step-by-step instructions.
Moreover, some of them include free printable PDF patterns.
30 cool and easy things to sew for kids – get inspired for your next sewing project!
1. Fabric storage bins from A Beautiful Mess
2. DIY mouse slippers from Make It Love It
3. Scrunchies from I Can Sew This
4. Drawstring backpack from Craft Passion
5. Card holder for playing card games from Sew Can She
6. Quick fabric corner bookmarks from Crafty Staci
7. Little messenger bag from Delia Creates
8. Superhero mask template and tutorial from Crazy Little Projects
9. Supergirl costume from Fleece Fun
10. Pillow bed for kids from It’s Always Autumn
11. Infinity scarf from I Can Sew This
12. SleepyTime stuffed owls from Sew 4 Home
13. Fabric pencil case from Make It love It
14. Kids blanket from Melly Sews
15. Easy DIY dinosaur sweatshirt from Sew Mama Sew
16. Fiesta skirts from Made Everyday
17. Fabric playhouse from Simple Simon and Co
18. Sunny Day Shorts – free sewing pattern from Oliver and S
19. Mickey Mouse inspired earbud pouch from Polka Dot Chair
20. Plush animal play mat from A Beautiful Mess
21. DIY fleece lined beanie hat (+free PDF pattern) from I Can Sew This
22. Double sided fabric headband from Happy Together by Jess
24. Free basic legging pattern (sz 3 to 14) from Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom
25. Comfy sweater shirt for kids from Life Sew Savory
26. Tooth fairy pillow from Alice and Lois
27. Soft woolen bunny from Purl Soho
28. DIY little guy tie from Little Bit Funky
29. Easy lined drawstring bag from I Can Sew This
30. Floppy eared elephant from Craftiness Is Not Optional
What’s your favorite sewing project on this list? I’d love to hear what you think of it!
Looking for some other fun stuff to sew for kids?
Here are some ideas for you:
- Tulle skirt for girls with elastic waistband
- Easy fabric bows
- Rice hand warmers
- Fluffy no-sew tutu skirt