A good laugh can brighten any day, so today I’m sharing with you 25 favorite funny sewing memes that only sewists can truly understand.
Who doesn’t love a good laugh?
There’s a meme here for you if:
- you love sewing
- your fabric stash is ever-growing
- you have a pair of scissors tagged “fabric only”
- your sewing room is rather messy
It’s a fact – anyone who has taken sewing even a little seriously knows the struggle. It’s so hard to keep your sewing room organized and your fabric stash under control.
Sometimes, we don’t even try.
I made all of the sewing memes below on a rainy afternoon, and I had so much fun.
I, for one, can relate to most of them all too well.
Check these sewing memes out – you’ll be laughing all the way to your local fabric store!
Don’t forget to share the fun with your friends!
1. Do not question the size of my stash. Unless you think it should be bigger.
2. If I’m not done sewing in 20 minutes, just keep waiting.
3. It’s ok to cut negative people out of your life. Just don’t use your fabric scissors.
4. I never make the same sewing mistake twice. I make it a whole bunch of times, just to be sure.
5. May the 1/4″ be with you.
6. I’m working on my PHD (Projects Half Done) in Sewing.
7. Stay away from my fabric scissors or I will cut you. But not with these scissors.
8. Sewing is not a hobby. It’s a post-apocalyptic life skill.
9. Weekend forecast
Sewing with no chance of cooking or cleaning.
10. Life is good. Sewing makes it better.
11. In case no one told you today:
You are beautiful, you are important, and yes, you do deserve to buy that fabric.
12. My dream world?
A place where the fabric is free and sewing makes you thin.
13. No, my sewing room isn’t messy.
I just have everything on display. Like a museum.
14. Yes, I sew.
No, I won’t hem your pants.
15. Me at the craft store
Should I buy this fabric?
Sewing room: Please NO
Husband: Crap NO
Me: I’ll take 3 yards.
16. My machine is calling and I must sew.
17. No one tells you “sewing” actually is:
-30% seam ripping
-9% figuring out what’s wrong with your machine/needle/tension
-1% actually sewing
18. I don’t hoard fabric.
I just shop faster than I sew.
19. Sewing and buying fabric are two different hobbies.
20. Happiness is a full bobbin.
21. In my defense, I was left unsupervised and the fabric store was open.
22. I might look like I’m listening to you, but in my head I’m sewing.
23. A clean house is a strong sign that the sewing machine is broken.
24. Sewing makes everything better. Even Mondays.
25. To sew or not to sew. What a silly question!
How many of these sewing memes get you? 20 out of 25 for me!