If you’re new to sewing and looking for some simple and fun projects to get started, you’re in luck! Here’s a list of 50+ quick and easy sewing projects that even beginners can tackle. It’s time to dust off that sewing machine and put it to work!
When it comes to learning to sew, the key is to take it one step at a time. Start with these easy-peasy projects to build up your skills gradually. Before you know it, you’ll be confident enough to tackle more complex sewing projects!
What is the easiest thing to sew for beginners? How do I get started sewing?
These are the most common beginner sewing questions.
Most probably, the best approach for a beginner would be to start with simple and quick projects.
First, learn how to make a simple skirt, a cute baby headband, envelope pillow covers, scrunchies, a tote bag or an apron. All these are easy projects that you can make in under an hour as a beginner.
RELATED: You don’t have a sewing machine yet? Here are the best sewing machines for beginners
And these are my best tips: How to sew straight lines on your sewing machine.
How to pick your first sewing project?
It’s a good idea to start with something you like and feel is worth doing. This way, you’ll stay motivated. Besides, once you finish you’ll certainly feel more confident in your sewing skills.
And remember this, regardless of which project you are going to try out first. While your goal is to get your final product to look neat and professional, don’t forget to enjoy the process. Just take your time and move slowly through the steps.
You’ll find here more than 50 easy sewing projects for beginners, that come with richly illustrated and easy to follow tutorials.
Check them out and choose your favorite!
50 easy sewing projects, perfect for beginners
1. Reusable makeup wipes from A Beautiful Mess
2. Reusable produce bags from I Can Sew This
3. Easy pincushion with baby pompoms from Sew Can She
4. Drawstring dice bag (free pattern) from I Can Sew This
5. Butterfly hair bows from Make it Love it
6. Scrunchies from I Can Sew This
7. DIY bowtie for kids from Make it Love it
8. Free knotted baby hat pattern from I Can Sew This
9. Knot bow headband from Coral and Co
10. Simple zipper pouch, a foolproof method from I Can Sew This
11. Fabric bows from Craftaholics Anonymous
12. Small DIY drawstring bag from I Can Sew This
13. Reversible coffee cup sleeve from Crafty Staci
14. Mini pouch pattern from Apple Green Cottage
15. Free oven mitts pattern from I Can Sew This
16. 10-minute pencil roll from My Poppet Makes
17. Pillow cover from I Can Sew This
18. Simple drawstring bag from Purl Soho
19. Easy messenger bag from Diary of a Quilter
20. Reversible fabric coasters from I Can Sew This
I hope you do enjoy this easy sewing projects round-up! More ideas to come!